New Imperial Guard Background Book

Long-time readers may remember last year's Background Book - a book of homemade fluff on my Imperial Guard army.  Well, I've been chipping away at rewrites for almost a year now, and I'm very pleased to announce Edition 2.0.

The 'change log', if you like:
  • A toning-down of the zealous, futuristic tone of the text to a slightly more neutral style - for ease of comprehension.
  • Added several diagrams and summary charts, especially on Recruitment, to clarify some of the tings which were laboriously described in blocks of prose.
  • Addition of a section on rank insignia and some uniform pictures.
  • A complete Order of Battle, with strengths and ammunition/equipment holdings.
  • Some correction of errors, omissions and continuity bloopers.

This is a constantly evolving document - indeed, reading it as soon as I opened the packet from the printers I spotted an error which has been corrected for the next edition.  But I think it's a big improvement on the last one - it's nearly twice as along and (hopefully) a bit more easy on the reader.  It's not intended to be read as one document, rather you can look up topics of interest in the index then just read a page or two at a time.  Let me know if you have any comments or criticisms about it; I'd love to hear them.

Oh, I forgot to mention.  It's free to anyone who wants it!  If you're interested, drop me an email (colonelscipio@yahoo.co.uk) and I'll send you a digital copy.  Feel free to use it for personal enjoyment - all I ask is that you don't copy it wholesale for your own fluff, use it as a starting point - and if you share it with your mates and they like it, credit would be appreciated.  But I hope you'll use and get some enjoyment out of it, anyway.  Our distribution team are standing by to take your order.  Don't delay - act now, soldier!

As an aside, I've embarked on an ambitious plan to rephotograph all my army, since the earlier stuff on this blog was just done on a camera phone.  I'll try and let you know as I do updates but the Imperial Guard page is the first to get this treatment - make sure you check it out!

By the way - anyone interested in creating their own fluff, especially for Space Marine Chapters, is strongly advised to visit Headologist's blog as he's written a guide on that very subject.  See below for some sneak preview pics ...









Comments

  1. This is simply brilliant Col. The love you have for this project (the minis, the background, the whole thing)- getting it printed and bound - some may call that mad - I think it is simply brilliant.

    Bloody brilliant - this is exactly what I want to see from my blog rolls to inspire me - simply brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Muppet, thanks for your comment. Very kind of you, I think that's why I enjoy having this. Just as painted models are a manifestation of all the time and effort people put into their armies on the tabletop, this book represents the years of fluff and background work I've done.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I'd love to read through the pdf - inspiring stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - and have no fear, one should be in your inbox soon!

      Delete
  3. Excited now this revision is done! Could I get a copy sent over too sir?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work as ever sir, look forward to seeing it in the flesh as it were. I've got a bacth of triage tages and paperwork at the printers if you want some filled in for bookmarks etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to show it off in the flesh either. Could I get you to do one for Capt Nero? It seems a bit redundant to have a cause of death on there, given he was chopped in half. Maybe do two copies, one for each half.

      Delete
    2. But of course sir, I did promise one when I did the "Surgical Report" post - I'll have a look at your battle report again and see if I can make it medically interesting (was it a power weapon, or a relic blade?)

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is an amazing undertaking and very inspiring! I'm glad you continue to evolve your understanding of your own ideas and hence the new edition. It looks so good in print! I think I may drop you an email as hobbying is on hold at the minute but reading is not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Buffer, glad to see you're still on the hobby scene! Just drop me a message and I'll spread the good news.

      Delete
  6. Hummm. Very interesting. We need to talk. Mostly about 4EL and their deployment to the Devos system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mysterious. Let me know - do you have the new copy yet?

      Delete
  7. Su-bloody-perb!

    It's hard to express how much this impresses me: and what a great physical artefact to hold!

    Might I be so bold as to request the newer pdf please?

    - Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you to say. After worrying about presentation, font size and printer's fees it does feel nice to be able to sit back and enjoy it.

      It's in the (electronic) post.

      Delete
  8. He!
    Bloody Good....is there an pdf again maybe to send of ?
    Looks very very amazing !

    Greetings
    Gordon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course - do I have your email? Can't seem to find it, but just send a quick message to the colonelscipio account and I'll fire it across.

      Delete
    2. Dam my eyes....one Year is gone......can ya send it to andreas.koetting@web.de ?
      Nice one.
      Lovely

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Haha, then my mission is accomplished. Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  10. Looks great so Email sent

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks simply fantastic, Colonel. Email duly sent, Sir! (and thank you in advance!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you still sending out copies of this? If so, I'd love to get a pdf. I've sent out my email. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to revive an old post, but I just read through almost your whole blog...

    I was wondering if it was possible to get a copy of the PDF?

    Kombatrok@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts